Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Refreshed.

Wow.  What a feeling!  I just got back from a girls weekend with a few of my aunts and cousins and it was EXACTLY what I needed.

A refreshment of sorts.
A get-away.
A chance to regroup, relax and refocus.

I haven't laughed that hard in months!  Just thinking about laughing so much is making me laugh now! ha!

It's really important to "get-away" sometimes.  To take a step back from our bubble and to see the world for what it is.  A temporary place.  A place to enjoy the moments -not to rush through them.  It was really just a great weekend.  And you know what?  I really missed my little family.  I couldn't wait to walk through the doors and have them tackle me on the stairs.  It was great!  The get-away and the coming home. It was all just so great.  :)

The past few months have been so loooonnnngggg.  A fear-filled nightmare where every morning seemed to have something new.  I am thankful and ecstatic to say that that nightmare seems to be over.  Tucker has been symptom free since the beginning of January.  No joint pain.  No stiffness.  God is good.  Always.

We have a follow up with the cardiologist in February but are expecting nothing but good news.  The rheumatologist follow up will be in 6 more months but he is hopeful that the joint issues are behind us.  Wow.  What a difference a month makes right?

We celebrated two birthdays in the past month ~  Tate turned 9 on Dec 31 and Tanner turned 7 on Jan 11.  Busy times at this house.  We had an adventure at the Tennessee Aquarium to celebrate.  It was fun fun fun!

Basketball season is in full swing.  This is Tate's first year to play and he is loving it.  He's getting better at each practice and game.  We are enjoying it too!  I had no idea how much I would like watching basketball (it's never been the sport of choice)  But when your kid is out there - its a different ballgame.  REBOUND!!!

Tanner got a visit from the tooth fairy in January.  He's only lost two teeth so far and this one was hanging on for dear life!  I, for one, was thankful when it decided to take a leave of absence.

Tucker is now wearing big-boy undies!  Yipppeee!  I am officially done with diapers.  Whew ~ What a feeling!

It's really cool looking back at this blog that I started just a few short months ago.  How quickly life changes.  The highs and the lows.  It's definitely been  healing for me to be able to type it all out.  To vent at times.  To express how I have felt (even the ugly parts) and to see where I am today.

Life will always throw us the lemons, right?
We've just got to figure out how much sugar to add to make it into a REFRESHment.

No comments:

Post a Comment