Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Where are we?

Here! We are here! :)

Thankfully at this very moment I'm with my little family at the beach, enjoying the salt water, the fresh air and the time that I've been craving with the boys and Chris.  I've felt so isolated these last 6 weeks being sick and in the bed.  I'm excited to say that I am feeling MUCH better!  My energy level is rising every day, I've got almost zero pain and there is HOPE in my heart.  I'm fighting.  I'm going to keep fighting. I'm going to prove Lupus wrong. :)
Tate, Tanner and Tucker enjoying our first day.

I'm still on a ton of meds~ hoping to wean off of them sooner rather than later.  But I've also taken control of some things that I wanted to share.

So I've changed the way I'm eating.  No grains, no sugar, no dairy.  Basically I'm going back to the basics.  Meat, Veggies, Fruit, Nuts and Seeds are what my food consumption consists of.  Let me tell you what a change it has been in just a few days:


As you know, I've had a recent lupus flare that left me spending 6 weeks in the bed while visiting the ER twice and having home-health delivering upwards of 180mg of IV steriods over 3 days.  This time lupus attacked my lungs, lymph nodes and voice box.  It's been painful and debilitating. I'm taking 22 pills a day and have had no voice for weeks.  I'm done waiting on things to get better.  I'm fighting. I decided it might be time to at least look at it- so I ordered the book,(after much encouragement from a good friend) The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson.

Last Friday (5/25/2012) I made the change.  Mind you I was in the bed for 2 days before (plenty of time to read).  After 1 days of eating "primally", I was up and out of the bed with a little bit energy and almost no pain (and on my way for to a beach trip that I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make).  Today it's Wednesday- Day 6 of "primal living"- My voice is completely back - no hoarseness at all.  I feel "almost normal" which is a HUGE difference from this time last week when the most I moved was from the bed to the bathroom to the couch.  I'm convinced that my life is about to change in a dramatic way.

My hubby, Chris (who is fit and energetic) is completely on board and my boys are about to get a big awakening from the pop-tarts/cereal breakfast. :)

This is just the beginning of my success story (seeing as it's not even been a week yet) but I am convinced in the method and I'm walking proof that what we eat can change everything within our being.  

I know that I don't have total control of this disease and what happens in the future.  Thankfully God is WAY more qualified than I am in handling my life :) - He's proven himself over and over again.  However, it does feel good to know that now I'm eating what He's providing.  His hand is on everything - not the hands processing and adding things to our foods.  It's not hype. Just the truth. I challenge you to check it out.  See what you think and make your own decisions.  Give it 21 days.  Heck give it a week!
The more I learn the more it makes sense to me and I bet it will to you too.

Just wanted to share what I'm learning through this trial:

1.  God is ALWAYS in control and He NEVER leaves us.  In fact, when things get hard, He's the one that     carries us through. He's the one that's strong when we are weak.

2.  My friends are some of the BEST people I could ever imagine knowing.  We have been completely overwhelmed by your love, support and acts of kindness during these past 2 months. From carpools, playdates, cards, food and most of all , your prayers.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

3. My family is unbelievable.  Simply unbelievable.  I can't imagine what it must be like for them to watch and not be able to "fix" the problem.  Thank you for keeping me encouraged, for letting me cry and for just holding my hand.  And thank you for celebrating the little steps forward with me because as much as the news was bad...I couldn't wait to share the small victories with you! :)

4.  My boys.  All 4 of them (including Chris).  :)  I'm so excited to be able to play with them again.  To watch them enjoying life. To be able to participate and not just sit on the sidelines of life is an amazing feeling.  So thankful for each of them and the special love they give to me.  So proud to be a Mommy and Wife.

So that's it.  The update.  I told you I would write again when I was feeling better and enjoying summer and that is TODAY.

See ya soon!
t

2 comments:

  1. God love you Tonya and family. I am so pleased to hear this. I do know the power of food-but not well enough to really understand the magic behind it all. I am so happy for you and love you dearly. Your family is amazing. You make me look forward to becoming a mom, myself ;-) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes ME so happy. Tonya, you are a true inspiration and I admire you! Happy to hear you are feeling better and beginning a new way of eating and living! love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete