Saturday, October 5, 2013

You are chosen.

Okay, let's go ahead and get the white elephant out of the room. Yes...it's been over a year since I posted anything about our little world. Truth is...life's been busy. We've had ups and we've had downs. 
I'll try to do better. Honestly I will. No promises though cause that just adds one more thing to my to-do list. 😁

YOU ARE CHOSEN

So I'm at the ReCreate women's conference last night and Priscilla Shirer is speaking. Talking about how we all are here at this specific time for a specific purpose. That is doesn't have to be that we are a huge speaker or a major worship leader - that we are entrusted by God to empower those in our little circle. To encourage and lift up our husbands, to form and mold the souls of our children. To be examples to our friends and coworkers. She talked about trials and heartache and how at times we may feel "cheated" because our life is not what we imagined.  I thought of my little "neck of the woods" and what all our own family has endured...in terms of sickness, finances, heartaches, disappointments, etc.   I thought of my family and my friends... all who have taken their own journey and paths through life. (I would have to say most of us probably are not where we thought we should be at this age and stage of life.) 

And then she said:

"You were not cheated...
You. Were. CHOSEN"

It hit me like a ton of bricks.  Life sucks. Illness sucks, heartache sucks, trials/suffering ...it all sucks. But we have a purpose and a plan. We can take our situation. Our life. And make it a light for our circle. We can give Him our burdens, our cares and press on to make a difference in someone else's world.  We can look at our current situation and know (trust) that God is positioning us to be here at this very moment while he is preparing us for something greater.

I just know how I've felt with lupus in the past.
I'm not cheated...I'm chosen.

You are not cheated...you are chosen.

To be a daughter, son, sister, brother, mom, dad, aunt, uncle, friend, neighbor, co-worker. 

You.  Are.  Chosen.

Your circle. His plan. This is what He chose you to do. Maybe not forever but for right now and I truly, honestly believe he is positioning us all for something greater.

I felt the nudge to share.  So... I did.
❤️



1 comment:

  1. I love you my friend. I saw/heard this message online, live. I was so moved by Priscilla and you expressed her message so well.

    ReplyDelete